- Soak cedar planks in water for at least 4 hours.
- In a sauce pot, bring the bottle of beer just to a boil and add salt, brown sugar and pickling spice. Immediately remove from the heat and stir until salt and sugar are dissolved.
- Allow the brine to cool completely in the fridge. Brine can be made up to a week in advance.
- Once brine is cool, add the salmon fillets ensuring they are completely submerged in the brine. Place in fridge for at least 1 hour up to 4 hours.
- Preheat your BBQ to 350-400 degrees F.
- Once BBQ is up to temperature, turn the burners on one side of the grill off leaving the other side and med-high to high.
- Place the soaked cedar planks on the side of the BBQ that is now off.
- Place brined salmon onto the cedar planks, put lid down on BBQ and allow to cook for 12-15 minutes.
Serve on a platter and decorate with parsley and lemon slices.